Transfers: General Information and Problems
From time to time you may find that your registrar is simply not playing ball - they just will not allow your to transfer your domain name. Or maybe the company is no longer operating? Is it going down with your domains?
We hope to outline the basics of getting your domain names transferred so that if you run into problems there is assistance at hand. We will also answer some common questions concerning your domain name transfer.
Generally the transfer process is very similar regardless of your Domain Name Provider. It is not possible to provide specific help for each and every provider however the general guidelines below should help get things moving. If all else fails simply contact our Technical Support Department by logging a ticket with our Online Customer Helpdesk.
How much will it cost to transfer my domains to UK-Cheapest?
There is no transfer fee for .UK domain names and so UK domain names are the easiest domains to transfer. Simply change the IPSTAG on your domain name to MICROLITE and your domain transfer is complete!
Things are a little different with non .UK domain names as there is a 1 year renewal fee of £8.97. This transfer cost extends your domain name registration by 1 year and so it not wasted, think of the cost as a 1 year renewal fee as there is no fee charged for the transfer process itself. This compulsory 1 year renewal is a rule forced on us by the registry.
How do I transfer my .UK domain name to UK-Cheapest?
For the instructions below you need to know your domain name control panel login details. If you do not have these then you will need to contact your domain name provider.
1) Log in to your domain name control panel
2) Select your domain name to manage
3) Select "Change IPSTAG" or "Transfers"
4) Change the IPSTAG to MICROLITE
5) Submit your transfer order to UK-Cheapest
Alternatively you can simply ask your domain name provider ro change the IPSTAG on your behalf. If you are not having any success in contacting your domain name provider then for .UK domain names you can completely bypass the process by going direct to Nominet and asking them to change your registrar - Nominet - Change Registrar Request
Once you have contacted your domain provider (or Nominet) you need to inform us by submitting the Transfer-In request at the bottom of the page. This enables us to add your domain to your Domain Control Panel so you can use our services.
How do I transfer my NON .UK domain name to UK-Cheapest?
In order to transfer in a .COM, .NET or .ORG domain name to UKC please do the following:
1) Before initiating a transfer to us please ensure that the email address for the administrative contact for the domain is a) a valid email address and b) that the recipient will respond to emails sent to them regarding the transfer ie. YOU!
2) Ensure that the domain is not locked with the current registrar (checking the whois details will show you this).
3) You need to submit the transfer-in request, there is a compulsory charge (equivalent to 1 year renewal) which extends your domain name registration period by another year, you can do this at the bottom of this page.
4) You will receive a request to authorise the transfer within 24 hours of completing point 1, this will come direct from the domain name registry or current domain name provider - this email will be sent to the administrative contact email address as specified in point 1. You need to be able to receive this email to complete the transfer.
5) Upon acceptance of the transfer, it will take 24 hours to complete if the domain is simply with another OpenSRS Reseller, or UP TO 7 DAYS if the domain is with a different registrar.
Submit your Transfer-In Request to UKC
Once you have initiated the transfer process with your domain name provider you need to let us know!
Enter your domain name in the form below and hit the "Transfer" button - then leave the rest to us : )