Changing domain nameservers is a common task and something you will need to do at some point during the life of your domain name. For this reason, we have made it as easy as possible!
Reasons why you may need to change your domain nameservers:
- Your domain was parked and you want to host it
- Your domain was hosted but now you want it parked
- Your domain was transferred in from another provider and you want to use our parking services
First, you need to have your Domain Control Panel login details, this is absolutely necessary in order to navigate to the Nameserver Change function.
If you do not have your Domain Control Panel login details, to to the Forgotten Password page and request a copy of your details and a copy will be sent to the email address used when you registered your domain name. If this email address is out of date or no longer used, you will have to log a ticket with the Helpdesk.
Right, for those of you who have your Domain Control Panel login details, the rest of the process is simple.
- Login to the Domain Control Panel (DCP)
- Click ‘Change Nameservers’
- Enter your new nameservers
- Press submit to action your request
Your nameservers will be changed immediately however due to DNS propagation times it will take up to 72 hours to fully take effect.