When you register a domain name, your contact details at the time are stored within your domain name registration record at the registry. These contact details are assigned and stored with the domain name and are independent of your Client Area contact details.
If your home or business address changes or your email address has changed, you need to ensure that you reflect these changes in each of your domain name WHOIS records.
To do this, simply follow these steps:
- Login to your Client Area and go to Domains > My Domains
- Click Manage on the desired domain name
- Click Management Tools > Contact Information
- You can now modify your WHOIS contact details as required
Why it’s important to keep these details current
The registry will use these contact details to communicate with your directly should the need arise. The registry will contact your directly for reasons such as:
- Verification of your WHOIS details
- Verification that your authorise changes to your domain ownership
- Verification that you wish to transfer the domain to a new registrar
- Notification that your domain name may be subject to abusive use
- Notification that your domain name is coming up for renewal
- Notification that your domain name has expired