Registration Requirements for .FR ccTLD Domain Names
If you’re interested in registering a .FR (France) country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for your website, it’s important to understand the registration requirements. .FR domains are subject to specific guidelines and eligibility criteria. Here’s what you need to know:
1. Eligibility Based on Connection to France:
- To register a .FR domain name, you must have a genuine connection to France. Registrants must meet one of the following criteria:
- Be an individual or legal entity with a postal address in France.
- Be an individual or legal entity with an administrative contact in France.
2. Legal Entity in France:
- For individuals, you must have a postal address in France. For legal entities (businesses, organizations), you must be legally established in France.
3. Documentation and Verification:
- Registrants may be required to provide documentation or evidence to verify their eligibility. This can include providing a French postal address or legal entity registration details.
4. Compliance with Naming Rules:
- .FR domain names must adhere to specific naming rules and guidelines. Names should be between 2 and 63 characters long and can contain letters, numbers, and hyphens.
5. Use of Proxy Services:
- The use of proxy services or privacy protection for .FR domains is generally not allowed. Registrant contact information is typically publicly visible in the WHOIS database.
6. Accredited Registrars:
- To register a .FR domain, you can work with accredited domain registrars authorized by the .FR registry (AFNIC). These registrars can assist you with the registration process, provide guidance on eligibility, and help you choose an available domain name.
7. Renewal Requirements:
- It’s essential to renew your .FR domain on time to maintain ownership. Renewal periods may vary depending on the registrar.
Please note that .FR domain registration requirements may change over time. Staying informed about the latest regulations and guidelines set by AFNIC is essential. Consulting with an accredited .FR domain registrar can help you navigate the registration process and ensure compliance with all requirements.