Registration Requirements for .ES ccTLD Domain Names
If you’re interested in registering a .ES (Spain) country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for your website, it’s important to understand the registration requirements. .ES domains are subject to specific guidelines and eligibility criteria. Here’s what you need to know:
1. Eligibility Based on Connection to Spain:
- To register a .ES domain name, you must have a genuine connection to Spain. Registrants must meet one of the following criteria:
- Be a Spanish citizen.
- Be a resident of Spain.
- Have a registered entity or office in Spain.
- Be a European Union (EU) or European Economic Area (EEA) resident with a postal address in Spain.
2. Proof of Eligibility:
- Registrants may be required to provide documentation or evidence to verify their eligibility. This can include providing a Spanish tax identification number (NIF) for individuals or a Spanish business registration number (CIF) for organizations.
3. Compliance with Naming Rules:
- .ES domain names must adhere to specific naming rules and guidelines. Names should be between 3 and 63 characters long and can contain letters, numbers, and hyphens. Special characters are also allowed.
4. Use of Proxy Services:
- The use of proxy services or privacy protection for .ES domains is generally not allowed. Registrant contact information is typically publicly visible in the WHOIS database.
5. Accredited Registrars:
- To register a .ES domain, you can work with accredited domain registrars authorized by the .ES registry (Red.es). These registrars can assist you with the registration process, provide guidance on eligibility, and help you choose an available domain name.
6. Renewal Requirements:
- It’s essential to renew your .ES domain on time to maintain ownership. Renewal periods may vary depending on the registrar.
Please note that .ES domain registration requirements may change over time. Staying informed about the latest regulations and guidelines set by Red.es is essential. Consulting with an accredited .ES domain registrar can help you navigate the registration process and ensure compliance with all requirements.