Facebook is becoming one of the world’s largest search engines. Use it as a way for your page to be found. If you have not set your username (Pretty URL) on Facebook, do it today!
Directing visitors to a business page is so easy with a URL like:
Some points to consider:
- Facebook’s usernames will be given out on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Once you pick a name, it’s yours for life.
- You don’t necessarily have to use your real name.
- You won’t be able to get a ‘generic word’ as your username.
- You’ll have to use at least five characters
While Facebook is encouraging the use of real names, you aren’t limited in that regard. The system will suggest a few available options based on your first and/or last name, but it’ll also provide a blank field in which you can type something completely unrelated.
Each Facebook account gets only one username, and you can never change it. You can’t transfer it to someone else, either. Even if you delete your Facebook account, Facebook says the name won’t go back into the pool.
So go ahead, grab your name before someone else does….